Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 37

October 13, 2009




You know how babies get upset about something and cry for like, two seconds? Then, all of a sudden, they feel 100 percent better? This is me today. I want to tell you all about what makes me cry and breakdown, but am afraid I’m going to jinx myself, so when something great comes from it, I’ll let you know!


I will tell you it is an eat out of the peanut butter jar and have a few Oreos kind of day! ;) I receive a great care package from back home! I get shoes! I get my favorite magazine, InStyle! I get some mail, some feet and hand warmers, and some Oreos! Mom knows I hate the cold! ;) The best, minus the shoes…a Starbucks gift card! I love it! Coffee is what gets my day going and since I am currently on the water diet, due to budget restrictions, this is amazing!


I also pay a little visit to St. Patrick’s Cathedral. It is the most beautiful Catholic Church in this city! I go to have a chat with J.C.—him and I need to become better friends. I actually go to light a candle for myself! Lord knows I need it! =) But then I find out that mass starts in ten minutes, so I stay. It is my first time going solo to church. It isn’t so bad and the mass was short and sweet! I can get used to this priest!
 




Lately, my mind is in five hundred different places. I am never a forgetful person, but I tell ya’ what…I cannot remember a darn thing to save my life. I lock myself out of my apartment today. As soon as I close my door, I realize what I just did. I feel like I’m in slow motion—slowly turning around with the long, drawn out and slow, “Nnnnoooo!!!” Dang it! They let me back in, but inform me that if I lock my keys out of my apartment after 6 p.m., they charge $75! Really? That’s insane! So, needless to say, I need to start paying attention and focus on life a little more!


Note to self: “Pain is temporary. The prize is forever.” The benefit of having the night off is getting to watch television. The Biggest Loser is on and a husband says this to his wife. So, of course, it gets related to my life. In my case, the frustration being experienced right now will not stick around forever. Be determined and face the world with a damn it, I will make it attitude and you cannot steer yourself wrong. When you walk down the street, your heart beating, and the powerful walking music that’s played in the movies are going through your head, just realize that you make your own destiny. Don’t waste your time on meaningless jobs that will get you nowhere. Sometimes you have to take risks and just believe in yourself that you can and will make it happen.