Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 27

October 3, 2009


You know when you walk into a place and you see the greeter, standing there, with no smile on their face? You walk past and they say nothing to you—you then proceed to say, “Yeah, I wouldn’t be friendly either. I’d hate my life and job too, if I were them.” I now have a newfound respect and appreciation for these so-called greeters; because I am now a member of their club, as of today.


If I were someone else, I would think I was the biggest bitch ever. My so-called “approachability” everyone tells me I have is definitely thrown out the window today. It could be the fact I stand for eight hours in the SAME exact spot everyday; or the fact that I have to literally yell at the customers because the music is so loud that I lose my voice; or maybe because my feet are numb, I have shin splints, and my arthritic knee is throbbing from pain. I don’t know—I’m just throwing out possibilities.


On a lighter note! Happy 1st Birthday to my nephew Caleb Allen Cummings. He’s not really my brother’s kid, but I call him my nephew because the proper family origin is too long to say! =) And frankly, I don’t know what the heck it is!



I talked to my best friend in Chicago today! I miss Abby and haven’t talked to her in forever. We are both so busy, but when we talk, it’s like we haven’t missed a beat! I love her and hope she can come out in December like she is talking about!


I hear two funny stories today. One: a man gets carpel tunnel from too much masturbation. LOL! That is awesome! Can we say sex addict anyone? I bet he can get some serious cash—he can procreate an entire town in Iowa with this talent! Two: this YouTube website. Check it out! It’s awesome! Something I am going to consider when I get married down the road. And I do mean, down the road—like three to five years from now! But, as we know, nothing ever works to plan. So, let’s just say someday! ;)


I have plans to go out dancing with friends, but am so exhausted from working every night until 11 or midnight, all I want to do is sleep. I know, I’m lame, but I don’t care. I haven’t had a chance to just relax by myself, comfortably, with furniture, since I got here. So, relaxation is the key to my becoming sane again! I have no work tomorrow and a laundry list of fun activities to do tomorrow! So, I’m going to rest up and enjoy my one day off! ;)



Note to self: When you go through a box of Oreos in less than a week, don’t buy more! You come to the realization that you need a life when all you do in the daytime is set at your computer, dip those delicious, chocolate-stuffed cookies in peanut butter, send out resume after resume, and be depressed about life because you can’t find a job! =) WTF? Who would have thought two college degrees later, you would be sitting in this position? Who knows, but sugar is the answer to all the world’s problems. It’s in our alcoholic beverages we drink, our desserts we eat, and it’s the flavor on our lip-gloss we wear for pretty lips and good kissing! Without sugar, life would be boring.