Happy birthday mom! I wish my day was as good as your birthday! I have a bit of a breakdown today. Okay, a pretty big break down. I call Brett (my little bro) and start to cry--in the middle of Times Square, none-the-less. Thank goodness for him though; he helps me calm down. As I'm walking, I'm thinking that a bottle of wine is necessary after work--yes, by myself. Don't judge. It's totally deserve-able. Apparently, everyone has a breakdown at least once in their first year. A co-worker says, "How long have you been here? Three weeks? Yeah, that's why." So, I guess it's normal. At least I know I'm not a crazy person!
When you’re stressed out, you over-dramatize everything! A Spanish lady comes up and starts yelling because I cannot understand her. Listen lady, it’s not my fault I don’t speak Spanish—this is A.M.E.R.I.C.A. All I want to do is shove a taquito down her four-foot tall body! Then there was a man whom when I talk to him, just answers with head nods. So, what do I do? When he asks me two questions, I do the same. Simple gestures—he should be able to understand those. Apparently, that’s the extent of his verbal communication. Don’t look at me funny, jackass—I follow the Golden Rule: “Treat others the way you want to be treated.” I simply treated you with the disrespect you showed me. =) Have a great dinner at Planet Hollywood!
I start to laugh because when the boss man comes into the store, everyone’s demeanor changes. No one talks to anyone, everyone stands up straight, and I get a set of instructions. “Do this…don’t do this…he doesn’t like this…” Excuse me, for $10 an hour? Yeah…no. I don’t care if he is an English Nazi—pay me $20 an hour, and I’ll make selling credit cards a new profession!
When you see pee in the middle of the sidewalk—don’t always assume it’s from Fido. It could also be from the man who stands in front of your store and wets himself. Slowly, his pants slowly change color and the sidewalk becomes wet. I wouldn’t use one of the hundred restrooms in Times Square either. I would rather let the pee freeze to my leg.
When the man takes his girlfriend by the hand and dances with her in front of our store, I think it’s so cute! I love outgoing men who do things like this. And when a man winks at you—please—just sweep me away right now. And when they add a “sweetheart, love, or doll,” forget about it. Calgon, take me away with this kind of man! ;)
Note to self: A very wise woman tells me, “Everything is a work in progress. Everything in life is a stepping-stone. When God puts you in a place, surround yourself with positive people who bring out your vibrant side and the best you can be, and not those who suck out the negative.” Things happen for a reason and when it’s suppose to, but how great would it be if it happened on your terms? When you’re down about finding a job, think about this. When you do surround yourself around people just as ambitious as you and in the same position as you, you will realize times are hard, but you can get through it.