Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 15

September 21, 2009

Today's theme: Repetitiveness. I have done and said the same things over and over, all day long. "Hi, I was wondering if you were hiring?" "Hi, yes the third floor." "Where are you guys coming from?" You know those people you just want to muzzle for sounding annoying? I was that person today.

I am so ready for my parents to get here Saturday with my stuff, so I can finally decorate my apartment. I wish I could just "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" the place, so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Remember when I said my heater is broken? Yeah, it's not. Since my building pays for the heat, they don't turn it on until the temperature reaches 50 degrees outside. I don't think they understand that when it gets below 70 degrees, my body goes into hypothermia! I am always cold, so I guess my frostbitten toes and hands will continue to bundle up, Eskimo-style. ;)

My lifesaver: the Snuggie. That's right, folks. Do you know what I'm talking about? -- A blanket with sleeves. They are hysterical! The commercial highlights the functionalities of being able to lead a normal life, wrapped in a blanket when you're cold. You should look it up! And mine is hot pink! Oh yeah! Thanks grandma! Get Snuggie

I won a contest at work, that I didn't know what going on! I sold the most VISA applications, so I get a free dinner! I love free! I can't wait to try the Captain Crunch coated chicken fingers. Don't they sound delicious? Speaking of sweets--I need to seriously lay off of them! My sweet tooth is getting the best of me, and for fitness and health purposes, I need to stick to naturally sweetened things--apples, oranges, raspberries, etc. I don't think the lemon bars, brownies, or cookies are good for you--I will soon start to look like the fat square bars I continue to shove in my mouth!

Sean Kingston came into work today for a special promotion. Him and his entourage of like three people casually strolled in, thinking they were with P. Diddy or some high-profile celebrity. I think his entourage get the idea that they're more cool than Sean himself. He was pretty nice when he walked by me, so I don't know if I should feel bad that no one really knows who he is when we are promoting he's there, or not. Hmm...yeah, I'm not going to feel bad. Enough people know him for him to make the big bucks, so I'll get over it.

After watching some of the live opera in Times Square broadcasting from The MET and seeing a parade of advertising mascots--Mr. Clean, M&Ms, the French's Mustard bottle, the Vlasik Pickle duck (or whatever that thing is), etc.--I am beat and ready for bed. Good night!

Note to self: "Some days are hopscotch kind of days, some days are getting-nailed-at-dodgeball kind of days." It's from an inspirational thoughts book. I thought it was pretty funny! Everyone has these days--Cindy Brady one day, meets Adam Sandler on the playground, the next day. Isn't it funny how childhood analogies prove to be so true when talking about life? Life should be portrayed looking through a child's eye. Don't sweat the small stuff, laugh, and get along with everyone. It will make your real life "classroom" more enjoyable and less stressful.