April 26 - April 27, 2010
I'm getting really bad at blogging. Nothing as exciting happens to me down here as it did in New York. As soon as I get back from Iowa this coming weekend, I will be changing that! The last couple of days, I've been getting ready for this weekend. Maddie's getting married! Yay!! I'm so excited, I can't even tell you! It's going to be the perfect day and weekend! I can't wait to see old friends, and make new ones! ;)
So, yesterday, I come home from work and see the "hott" neighbor my mother met. I interrupted his duck feeding festivities, for which I apologized for. He's cute. He's insanely nice, which is a bonus! So, that's all I really have to say about that. Moving on. I went to Publix, again, last night. I swear, I like that place better than the mall! It's so awesome! They have the best pre-made food from the deli. I used think there was nothing like Hy-Vee, but I was sadly mistaken. I think I may prefer Publix. They have the best in-house, sweet tea of all time!
So, I've told you how I've been sleeping upstairs. Yes, this is true. But when I hear noises, I get a little nervous. I sleep with my mase. Yes, I know. I'm nuts. But who knows?! I creep down the stairs, (like that's going to matter), and I peak around my staircase to see if anyone's there. Hand on the squirt button. I just stand there, waiting to hear the noise again. When I don't, then I go back to bed. Of course, my living room light is still on and the television is on. I can't break the nightlight routine, just yet. I'm such a scaredy cat, it's pathetic!
Today was another day at the office. There's a fashion show Memorial Day Weekend that we're putting together, so I'm excited about that. After leaving New York, I've drank coffee maybe three times. Impressive, I know. Today, I drank a cup at the office. I don't know what was in that, but I was so hyper, I couldn't handle it. My hands were shaking, my heart was racing, and I couldn't stop moving. It was a little nerve-wracking. And for those who know me, you know it's hard for me to a.) keep my opinions to myself, and b.) not talk. It was like a death wish for me all day. But I did good! I didn't say a word!
Can I just tell you, buying greeting cards is expensive! Holy cow! I spent twelve bucks on three cards! What?! Well worth it, but shoot. I should make cards! As I was writing them out, of course, I start to cry. These are the sentimental-type cards I'm handing out. I love cards! If I only had the money to spend on the little pieces of paper! Thank goodness for e-cards! ;)
Since moving here, I've realized one thing. Although people here are fun, they're boring. Where are the mohawks? Where are the people talking to themselves? Where is all the craziness? Where is a single tattoo? One answer: Miami. Oh yes. Miami. So, you ask...why didn't you move there? I don't trust it there. I don't trust myself in such a fun place, nor do I trust anyone else! I trust that I wouldn't do anything stupid, but I don't trust that I wouldn't go out and take advantage of all of the clubs and beaches. I live at a perfect distance. I have the craziness of Miami Beach in my palm, but I also have the quiet, homeyness of Boca. It's the best of both worlds. I'm anxious to meet people and really start experiencing southern Florida, at its finest! And it's summer! What a better time to be a newby!
I leave tomorrow for Iowa, where the temperature is in the 50s. Good God, that's not okay! I told someone I'm bringing home my snowsuit and ski mask! I'm used to 80 degrees and sunshine! Where I get a tan just sitting in rush hour traffic! I've laid out twice and look Jamaican! Okay, I'm not that dark, but I'm getting close! I still look Caucasian. ;)
Note to self: What do you do when certain people really irritate you? When I say irritate, I mean: when people copy your ideas and take the credit; when they ask everyone if they want lunch, but you; and then tries to be nice to you. Most people would say, kill them with kindness. It's a good solution for most people. But what if it doesn't work for everyone? Solution: avoid these people. Just don't put yourself around them. Because you know yourself well enough to know, that eventually, you will get more sarcastic, more catty, and more irritating to them, than they are to you. And are they really worth it? Not one bit. People say, silence is deadly. I find this to be true.
Have a good night! ;)