Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 208

March 30, 2010

I saw the ocean today! I sat in the sand, took in the sun, and watched the waves crash into shore! It was amazing and I fell in love! The day started off great! I went to a meeting and everything turned out picture perfect! Then came the rest of my day.

I'm driving to West Palm Beach to stay in an extended stay hotel. Looks nice on the Internet, and I didn't want to be a burden on my grandma's family friend, so I thought, why not. I get there at 11:00 a.m. as instructed. They tell me guest check-out isn't until noon, so they will call me when the room is ready. Okay, no biggie. In my opinion, if you require your future guests to be there at 11, the room should be ready at 11. But what do I know?

Three hours later, I return. The room is still not ready. They say the cleaning lady just went in there, so it shouldn't be much longer. I'm started to get extremely peeved, but I'm nice and say okay, I'll come back. Another hour and a half goes by; no word. So, I go marching in there. The lady said the manager is in there and it should only be 15 minutes.

Her: "I'm sorry, I don't know what the hell they're doing in there."
Me: "I know it's not your fault, but I'm getting really pissed. This is ridiculous."
Her: "I know, I'd be mad too if I was checking in this late."
Me: "Yeah."

So, I come back 15 minutes later and it's STILL NOT done! Now I am beyond livid! The lady gives me the keys and says, "You know what, I don't even care. Go ahead and go upstairs." I get up there and I go to open the door. Fat Albert was bent over, with his butt crack showing, cleaning the floors.

Me: "Excuse me. When is the room going to be ready?"
Guy: "We're almost done. Did the lady downstairs send you up?"
Me: "Yes, she did. It's been four and a half hours and I still have no room. I have things I need to get done."
Guy: "Okay, it will just be a minute."
Me: "Well, I'm going to go to my car, get my things, and by that time, this room WILL be ready."

I leave. Infuriated. I get my stuff, pay, get upstairs. Oh my God! Can I tell you I didn't even touch the bed. First of all, there was mold/grimy dirt on the cupboards; the toilet had a ring of dirt around it; the windows were bolted shut; the door didn't close properly; the bed was circa 1970s and looked like it hadn't been washed since; the phone was stained yellow; the "free" Internet was only free if you called the cable company to have them bring you a cord; and the dining room table was rusting. Need I go on?

Of course, I do the childish thing and call my mother and grandmother. I'm bitching to all get out. The Florida calmness I was raving about...yea...that left for a brief period of time today. To make a long story short, I decide I'm NOT staying there. I refuse! So, I go downstairs to Chubby Pancakes Mo and his sidekick, Little Weiner and tell them I am checking out. They just stare with a blank look.

Me: "I need to check out."
Guy: "Okay." Stare.
Me: "So...."
Guy: "But you just checked in."
Me: "Yes, and I'm very dissatisfied with everything, so I would like to check out. And I'm not paying for it."

I'm trying to be nice about it, but then they start being jacks.

Guy: "Well,  ma'am, you did come up and look at the room. We were in there."
Me: "Correction. I simply peeked through the door because someone (as I look to Chubbs McGee) was in the way and didn't move when I said excuse me. So, no, I didn't see the room properly. There's mold on the cupboards, a dirt ring in the toilet, you bolted the windows closed on me, the heater doesn't work. Would you like me to continue?"
Guy: "No, ma'am. But I can't reimburse you."
Me: "Oh yes you can. And you will. After making me wait FOUR AND A HALF HOURS, you stick me in a hole in the wall. I'm not paying."
Guy: "But you saw the room. You should have came back down after and said you were dissatisfied."
Me: "AGAIN! SOMEONE didn't move when I politely said excuse me. And for the second time seeing the room, then coming down to tell you about it? What do you think I'm doing now?"
Then I was thinking to myself, but accidentally said it out loud. Oops!
Me: (thinking out loud): "This is f***ing ridiculous."
Guy: "Now ma'am. There's no need for that. I didn't get rude with you."
Me: "Yes, you did! You made me wait FOUR AND A HALF HOURS to check into my room. I think that's pretty rude, considering you're in the customer service industry."
Guy: No comment was made.

Okay, so I didn't mean to cuss at him. That was rude, I agree. So, then, being myself, I felt bad. My mom told me not to feel bad because he wasn't nice to me. I did feel bad, until I started re-writing the interaction. Now, I'm just irritated again. I got out of paying everything, except the one night fee, which was way cheap. Pricks! Never stay at an InTown Suites, EVER!

Oh yea! As I was sitting in my room, on the phone complaining, I hear a guy walk by my room. He farts so loud, that I could hear it and understand what it was. And it was a fart that he noisily carried with him a good four seconds! Then, the people below me were blaring their music so loud, it was vibrating my floor. I like rap music as much as the next person, but I don't need to hear it from your room!

So, I came to my grandma's friends house. I still feel like a burden, but she is so kind to let me in! Now, I'm literally exhausted because of my lack of sleep again last night! I'm going to bed, now! Good night!

Note to self: I'm so tired, I can't think of one. And the ones I am thinking of, I have no logical or clear explanation of how I want to say it. So, until tomorrow... ;)