March 24, 2010
I don't feel like blogging today. I went to work. Came home. Researched an upcoming freelance project. Found out a family friend is dying. Cried. Went to my friend's birthday party. Which was a blast! I had so much fun! My co-workers are hysterical! I have to be at work tomorrow at 9 a.m., so I need to go to bed! I have a ridiculously long day ahead of me tomorrow!
Note to self: Isn't it terrible that it takes something traumatic to happen in your life to realize just what you have? Think about it. You're life has been fantastic! You could be lying in your bed, with only six months to live. Instead, you've lived every dream you've ever had for yourself. It's awful when you realize how ungrateful you can be at times. As your family friend lies dying, you're bitching about the fact that no one will buy your bed; or that things aren't falling into place in the timely fashion you expect them to. Get over yourself! Really! It sucks to be slapped in the face with the reality that you are a brat, and sometimes selfish at that. But rightfully so...it's needed.
I've said it once, and I say it a million times. Be thankful for all of the great things you have! Appreciate them, and realize nothing is forever. Life isn't promised. Just because things don't work out in the time you hoped they would, doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. So, you can't sell a piece of furniture. At least you have it. So you expected to get a little more back in taxes. At least you have money to buy food and clothing.
They say life is short. So, what I've been trying to do is cram as much into my life as I can! This is both good and bad! It's good because you set high goals for yourself. And since I'm the type to make things happen, I know it will get done. The down side is, this makes it easy to rush through life. Don't rush life. It's fantastic! Especially when, for the first time in a while, you're so happy with where you're at!