Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 174

February 24, 2010

So, you know how I've said the last few days have been a hot mess for me? Well, it's because I've been juggling job offers, things going on here in NYC, going on more interviews, etc. It's been a whirlwind of opportunities, upsets, and confusions. Well, I solved it all today. I finally took an offer in Florida today! Woop! Woop! I'm on my way in just a few short weeks! ;)

 So, this morning, I'm walking to work and I see a man lying in the middle of the street. He got hit by a car! Ahh! All of a sudden, cops are appearing out of no where, ambulances are blaring their sirens through the intersection and people are running from all over to help! They cover his body with a yellow plastic bag. My first thought, Oh my God! He's dead. I've never seen a crime scene before. But that wasn't the case. He survived, thank God! One problem: there was no car around. It left. They didn't feel like staying, apparently. Crazy!

Speaking of crime scene. I'm on the subway tonight to meet some friends for dinner, when a gentleman gets on the train. He's a tall, slender man, with slicked back hair, nicely trimmed face, and decent suit. I was thinking to myself, he looks like he's killed someone. I wonder if that's true. Random thought, I know. Then it got me thinking. I wonder how many people a day, I walk passed, who have killed someone, or just hurt someone. Probably more than I want to know. The problem is, I'm so nosey! I do want to know! This guy just had this aura about him. Arrogant, but jumpy. Tells me, he's hiding something. He had the black, rubber gloves. If the glove fits, you must acquit! Ha! Creepy!

I get off the train and head out onto 14th Street. All of a sudden I hear this girl yell at this man, "Hey f**ker! Have you ever heard the words, 'Excuse me?'" Her friends tell her to shut up and she continues with, "No! That mother f**ker needs to learn manners. Does he realize he just pushed me?" On and on and on! She was Latino too. They know how to spit words out of their mouth faster than I can blink!

Then on the way home, I'm standing over this guy on the train--it's really crowded. I'm just dazing off, then we make eye contact. He quickly looks away and pulls out a magazine. He's about 50 years old, so I'm thinking, AARP, or something like that. Nope. It's called, Celebrity Sleuth. I look down and see a bunch of women's boobies and va-jay-jays staring me in the face! Ahh! Sir, why are you looking at porn on a crowded subway?!?! I don't want to see anyone else's body parts--I see mine everyday and that's enough! Not that I'm an expert on porn, but why is it that they all look like their from the 1980s? This magazine had to be at least 20 years old! They had foof-a-rina hairdos, high-waisted thongs, with blue eye shadow and red lipstick. Come on, now. He could at least invest in an up-to-date edition. But then maybe he has his favorite girls in there! You never know! Yeuck.

I met the girl's out at Tartine tonight. It's a BYOB restaurant. How funny is that?? You bring in your alcohol and just eat dinner there! So much fun! The food is French based and was delicious. The restaurant is literally a hole in the wall, with maybe ten tables in it. It's so quaint and cozy, you don't even pay attention to the fact that you're basically sitting on everyone's laps to eat dinner!

I find out tonight that Jennifer's moving too! We're all so excited for each other, but so sad at the same time. We decided to make it a point to see each other at least once a year. A summer in New York; a winter in Florida; and spring or fall in San Francisco! Ooohhh...Napa Valley, here I come! I've always wanted to go there, so now I have a reason! Yay! Everyone's moving on up. And I said, I loved how we are all nomads! We have no ties! We're not married; we don't have kids; we're not living with anyone. Why not? When are you going to be able to do this again in your life? Never. Sure, I want to settle down sometime in the not so distant future. But for now, I'm having fun!

Note to self: Just when you think your life is bad, look at other people's around you. Everyone has drama and complications in there life. Your problems are no more significant than the person sitting next to you. Good things happen to those who wait, so once again, you HAVE to learn to be patient. It's getting to the point where you are annoying yourself. Life is only as bad as you make it. Things get better. Things will get worse. As long as you know how to balance the good, the bad, and the ugly...life will be a walk in the park! ;)

I was getting ready tonight, and having another dance party. Go figure. So, I thought I would share with you some of my tunes from Pandora! Get up and dance at your desk! Hell, have an office party this afternoon! It's Thrust Your Hips Thursday! Hahahahaha!

Maneater
Womanizer
Showstopper
Lose Control- Such a great beat song! Makes you want to get up and dance! Go for it! Just dance! ;)
Don't Cha
I Like To Move It- Shake it baby, shake it! ;)
Temperature- This is such a great song to move your hips to! Whew!
Bad Romance- I don't care what anyone says...I like her!
Tik Tok- Such a great girl's night out song!
Sexy Chick
Say Aah

Slow it down a bit! You can't get too crazy at your desk today! ;)

Whatever It Is- Such a sweet song!
Alright- Another sweet one! This is my kind of man! ;)
Big Green Tractor- Probably one of my favorite summer-time songs!
Need You Now- I love Lady Antebellum!
All The Right Moves- Cool vibe song! Love it!
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy- This one's for you dad! LOL!