Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 123 - Day 124

January 4, 2010 - January 5, 2010

I guess it's back to reality. I say it like it's a bad thing, but in all actuality, my reality is pretty awesome right now! I wake up...sick. Blah! No fun. I can't breathe. My head feels like it's about ready to explode. My nose won't quit running. It's gross. So, needless to say, I don't go to my internship. I take cold medicine and sleep ALL day! The dang Iowa -15 degree weather got to me! And people ask me why I moved away...do I really need to explain myself? ;)

Being back in the city is fantastic! I take it all in again like it's my first day here! The sights, the smells, the people. It's great! I missed the smell of trash in the fresh, brisk morning air; I missed the preachers on the side of the street saying Jesus is about ready to save me; and I missed my fast-paced walking! Like Brett says, "You walk faster than God!" It's great!

So, on the bus ride into the city on Sunday, I saw a billboard that read, "Recession 101: It's a test. Not a final." I thought this was very nice. Makes perfectly good sense, and makes me feel a little better about the future. Although it seems to look somewhat disastrous, I still have hope! Another billboard--this one I saw in the airport...there is a picture of Tiger Woods swinging a golf club. It's some kind of sponsorship poster. It says, "What you do today, will affect you tomorrow." Heck yea it will, Tiger! It gets your face beat with a golf club! Hahahaha! How ironic, right?!? ;)

Okay, so I told Brett NY to get lost. For those of you who don't know, I have been talking to this kid for a couple of months now. It's not going anywhere, rather quickly! I've come to find that life is too short. If you like me, tell me. If you don't, then stop talking to me. Whatever. Why are we wasting our time with pointless conversation? Here's an example of what we talk about: (punctuation marks are real, on his part!)

Brett: "Hey! What's up?!"
Me: "Hey, not much. How are you?"
Brett: "Oh good, good! How's work hun?! ;)" (Okay, what man texts a winky, smiley face?) Ha!
Me: "It's pretty good."

Bored yet? Me too! And it goes on and on with pointless questions about nothing! I've been talking to him for three months and I don't know what he likes, what he dislikes, what his parents names are, nothing. I know he lives in New Jersey. He mapped it out for me perfectly clear on the table on our first date. Oh baby, oh baby! ;) So, by now, I'm over it. I tell him this is pointless and it needs to stop. If you're really that interested, we would have gone out more than we have. I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend. Hell, what man doesn't in this city? They all do! They're just looking for fun buddies! I don't want to be your fun buddy. I don't care about your lake house, or your 3,000-wine bottle room in your house, or your gym in your house. Hmm...wait a second. Let me rethink this! Haha! JK!

So, guess what? I randomly get a text from him asking...once again..."Hey, what's up?!?!" Honestly, Brett? I told you this needs to stop. I meant it. I don't say this stuff for you to chase me. I don't play games like other girls do! I mean what I say and I say what I mean, ya' big dummy! Hehe!

Guess what? I have the weekend off! Yay! No work Friday or Saturday!!! First time in a while!! I love it!!! Well, I need to go to bed. I'm sick, and I have yet another long day tomorrow! GO HAWKEYES!!!!

Note to self: Don't compromise your values and morals to fit into a culture/society that goes against who you are. If a man wants a woman to sleep with for the night, don't make it you. That's not what you're about. You demand respect, because you have respect for yourself. A real man doesn't want a one-night stand. A real man wants a woman who is strong, respectable, classy, and fun. Someone to challenge them, make them laugh, and be content with being themselves. It's okay you don't have a date every night. Kudos to you if you can wake up next to someone different everyday and look at yourself in the mirror and be okay with it. I couldn't do it. So much for my Sex & the City lifestyle! ;)