Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 48

October 24, 2009

I would like a chance to explain to you why my blog from yesterday is so short. Two words: Open Bar. I have been a little (let's make that a lot) under the weather since my drinking escapade last night. I need to remind myself that what my body used to be able to consume, can no longer tolerate. I obviously cannot party like I did when I was 21 or 22 years old. So, I do not feel like writing.

Don't get me wrong, we had a great time last night! But I've been paying for it ever since then! I find it humorous that when you're drunk, you think you are hot stuff and everything you do is amazing and with purpose! So, why did I feel the urge to break out a southern accent? I'm not from the south! I'm from Iowa! And what seemed to me like a pretty darn good southern accent, I probably sounded like an intoxicated/slurring mess! The person I was talking to was southern, so maybe I got the great idea of trying to impress him. Again, why? I don't know because he's gay.

I just lay around all day long--minus the couple trips to the porcelain circle of death. It's raining, which makes for the perfect day to try and get over a hangover. I will never put myself through that again! I have a legitimate reason as to my several trips up to the free booze counter. The bartender who, although we were at a gay bar, I find out is straight! Oh yes! And his Abercrombie, chiseled abs were screaming at me, saying, Come talk to me! So, I do what every straight, female would do in an atmosphere full of men on men--I go talk to him. Unfortunately, that's all the farther I got. I then go home, only to wake up in the same clothes I went out in. You know it's a good night when...

After lingering around all day, I get ready to go have dinner with a friend who's visiting from D.C. He takes me to this awesome German restaurant a block from my place! The food is awesome--I had the best bratwurst. It came with all the fixings--onions, mustard, sauerkraut, and some curry-thing that was delicious! We then go to Zanzibar, where I attempt to drink a martini. I get a "Desire." It's Godiva black and white liquor, with raspberries, and I think red wine. Needless to say, I want to vomit when I take the first sip! It tastes pretty good, but the thought of alcohol today is not really appealing!

So, we leave and go to a New Orleans-themed bar, Delta, where there was a live jazz band. It's really fun! He orders another beer, but I get a Toasted Almond, Chocolate coffee. It's rather tasty! After awhile there, I head home. It is great to see him and next time he comes to town, we are making an agenda to go around the Lower East Side. He tells me about these amazing places! A place dedicated to french fries, with hundreds of dipping sauces; a Caribbean sandwich shop; an amazing gelato shop? Sign me up!

Note to self: Invest the money on good razors. Those cheap razors do nothing, except take chunks of skin out of your knee, toe, and a part of your hand (don't ask how or why, please). Now, your body is draining blood to the capacity that it looks like someone cut your head off. When using the good razors, you will notice this never happens. If you buy the good razor, you will not have to go through eight bandages, waiting for the wound to dry up and heal.