October 21, 2009
My little brother never calls me. Until last night--only after I'm in a dead sleep, hyped up on meds. When I'm awoken from a dead sleep, I have the hardest time falling back to sleep. Him and his buddies are on a scavenger hunt around Drake, for a chance to win a trip to NYC and they need my help. Being the great sister I am, I offer my assistance. Why not? I can't sleep anyway! However with the combo of meds and no sleep, everything is a bit blurry, so my assistance is probably a waste of their time! ;)
Needless to say, 5:30 a.m. comes way too fast. Only for me to go into my job and find out my duty for the day is to pass out fliers on the street! Are you kidding me? Not only am I terribly sick and you're going to make me stand out in the bitterly-chilled air, you want me to shout to people about the company?! I don't think so. That's not what I signed up for! I have, once again, turned into one of those people I despise walking past on the street. Like my mother says, "Maybe it's karma getting back at you." It has to be! What else would it be? Even though I would never yell, I can't anyway--my fingers are frozen to the pieces of paper and my knees are still from the chill. So, I get mad, then I get smart. I post up shop at Au Bon Pain the rest of the morning, in the heat! Too bad I left my wallet at the office--everything looked and smelled so good! Those people have to be nuts to think I'm really going to stand outside and do this! They gave us 400 fliers to hand out and about 350 of them are in ABP's trash can! I need to keep some of my dignity people! Standing on the street, handing out pieces of paper just lowers it! No, thanks!
Here is a first for me anywhere! I am told by my new internship that I am not a good fit for their company. Yeah...I figured that one out real quick. But still, I've never been told that! I'm okay with it. The first time I hear him say, "Shut the f**k up. Keep it simple. No one wants to hear it!" is when I realize this place is probably not the best place for me to be. Outside of work, he's awesome; at work, not so much. "Mark, seriously, keep it simple...I don't f**king care, just get him to sign!...are you f**king kidding me?...Nobody f**king cares!" Yeah, this whole situation right here...not for me. I don't do well with overly large, male egos. I'm just not familiar with their style of writing, nor do I understand anything about investments, so we both agree it's for the best. Moving on.
The rest of the evening is dedicated to rest. I am bound and determined to feel 100% tomorrow! I do get Patriots football tickets for their November 22nd game against the Jets. My brother is a die-hard Pats fan, so we're going when he comes to visit. Happy birthday to me! What a way to spend my 25th. Again, keep in mind what a great sister I am! ;) He comes in less than a month! I can't wait! It's going to be insane! Just wait for the blogs! Time for more meds and sleep! Until tomorrow...
Note to self: Maybe you should listen to your friends when they say the cure to your illness is, and I quote, "I would buy a gallon of OJ and a fifth of vodka.. Mix in a glass.. Drink.. Repeat." Thanks Shelby! This is what friends are for! They know the best remedies to anything! Not your parents! Who wants to drink cough syrup when OJ and vodka tastes better and makes you feel fantastic in a shorter amount of time? ;) Jump on the alcohol medicinal program mom and dad...times have changed and it's time you do too! ;)