Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 34

October 10, 2009

Happy birthday to my friend, Maddie, from back home! I get a text from her this morning saying that it's snowing in Iowa. I was homesick, until I hear this. Now, not so much. I absolutely HATE snow! Besides running, it's one of my least favorite things in life! So, I'm hoping it all melts while traveling this way! NYC doesn't want snow! Then we can't wear our cute shoes...but it is an excuse to buy some killer rain boots! It's funny because when I look on Facebook...that's ALL people are commenting about. "I hate snow," "Why is it snowing?" Blah, blah! I find it quite humorous--I probably would have done the same thing. ;)

I made some amazing sweet corn today. It's really cheap on the streets here! And what a more perfect meal while missing home than that?! I accidentally let the water boil for too long and it poured all over the stove. I didn't say I was Sandra Lee just yet! I'm working on it! She's my favorite chef on Food Network! A cocktail after every show is what keeps me tuned in for 30 minutes! ;) And have you seen her make them? She says one shot, but really means three. She is a bit liquor happy; she just can't quit pouring! I love it!

Since work consumes my life, I do not have much of a morning. After cleaning my apartment (which looks amazing, by the way), cooking lunch, and getting ready, my day is shot! I get to work and get in trouble AGAIN! Mind you, I've already been in trouble twice, for things they told me to do! I know, it doesn't make sense, but that's the breaks at P.H.! My friend and I joke about how many strikes we have to get before they fire us! Hmm...we are pushing our boundaries the best we can without being too obvious. What's a girl to do! ;)

A woman does come in tonight and she is hysterically crying. Here is the conversation:

"Ma'am. Ma'am. Can you help me, please?!" (She's holding her side and keeling over, talking to me)
"Yes, what's wrong?!" I ask panicked.
"I have to go to the bathroom. Do you have a phone? I need help! Can you come to the bathroom with me?!" She says to me.

At this point, all I kept thinking was that she was in labor (she was a little on the bigger side), or her appendix burst. What the hell does she want me to do? Deliver her baby? All I kept thinking was, Oh my God! I don't know what to do. This would happen to me. I'm getting paid $10 an hour and now, I have to deliver a damn baby! How am I ever going to do this?? I can't deliver a baby! 


"You want me to come to the bathroom with you?" I reply, confused.
"I just need to go pee," she says to me. So, I think, once again, you want me to go pee with you? I don't think so! What do you want me to do, wipe you? No. 


"Ma'am, why don't you go upstairs and use the restroom and you can use the phone when you get back," I say to her.
"Okay, okay," she says, then leaves.

What the heck just happened here?! I don't know, but it is weird! She went from crazy homeless woman, to a woman in labor, to a woman who is lost, and then to a woman who has to pee. I tell ya' what, that is a whole lot of woman to take in, in three minutes! I need a breather! =)

Now, I'm home, exhausted, and ready for bed. I have a big day tomorrow, which I'm excited to tell you about! But I need my beauty rest...;)

Note to self: A really funny quote I received in my e-mail. I hope you find it as funny and inspirational as I do. These are to all the "special" people out there. I think all of us have deserved a ride on the short bus at least once in life. Embrace your inner "retard," (pronounced like in The Hangover).

I don't care if you lick windows or take the “special bus,”
You hang in there sunshine, you're special.
Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad,
is a full minute of happiness you'll never get back.


Today's Message of the Day is:
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
Life may not be the party we hoped for,
but while we're here, we should dance.

Goodnight!