September 29, 2009
Today is not full of sunshine and roses for me. I wake up, not finding a thing to wear for my interview. I need a suit, but I think they're so boring. They make women look so dull. I can't find my iPod either. It's an essential part of your day--it gives you the boost needed to get everything going! But I do find it.
I get to work and sit next to a really cute English guy. I always say I want to get out of the office and explore different places to write about. Well, guess what? The ONE day I want to stay in the office, I get sent out on assignment. Of course, right? It was fun, though--me and another girl went all over Soho, the East and West Village, and Union Square to find people with unique style.
Sounds great, huh? Well, it would have been if I didn't have an interview and the wind wasn't blowing me over, making my hair one big rat's nest! Mom even makes my lunch today, but I can't eat it because the girl I'm with does not take five minutes to stop and eat lunch. Instead, we get a piece of pizza and eat it as we walk--all the while, trying to dodge pedestrians. That's a job in itself.
I leave early to get to the bus station in time to get to New Jersey for the interview. Port Authority employees are so dumb! Isn't it their job to know about trains, times, locations, etc.? One would think. And they are so expensive! $175 for a monthly ticket. This job is already sounding like too much of a hassle. This is just problem #1--it gets worse. I am now crabby and do NOT want to waste my time and a day of my life for this stupid interview. The drive in only takes 30 minutes. I get there early and go to the mall to freshen up. A girl tells me that NJ AND NY tax your paycheck. What?! I didn't know they do this. Problem #2! Now, I'm really pissed.
I get to the interview and while I wait, the receptionist calls ten other people to set up interviews. You know it's a ridiculous job when this happens. Problem #3. Don't do that in front of me! The interviewer is nice, but the job is bogus! It's a sales job--I hate sales! Problem #4.
Problem #5: I get on the bus to head back--TWO HOURS I'm on this stupid thing. You do not know how bad I want to jump out of the window and run back to the city. I can get there quicker! The bus driver is in NO hurry to get home! I think it's a good idea to stay in the lane that doesn't move--let's not get over in the other three lanes that are moving! I like sitting on the highway, staring at other people getting back to their lives. I don't have plans tonight. My parents are in town, but no biggie Mr. Driver, you take your time. They can sit in my apartment by themselves and twiddle their thumbs.
We eat dinner at the only Chilean restaurant in town! It is delicious! Food from Chili is very tasty! It's home-style meats, mixed with sweet spices, and traditional potato and veggie sides. I will definitely go back! Plus, we get free Piscos drinks. Pisco is like a tequila, mixed with lemon juice! Mom and dad do not like theirs, so I drink them all! You can't let this stuff go to waste! =) They leave tomorrow, so it's a night of celebration.
Note to self: When you are stuck on a bus, bored out of your mind, listen to other people's conversation. It's not eaves dropping when they are talking loud enough for people to hear them back in Jersey. It makes for entertainment in an otherwise irritating situation. When you hear the "Stupid bitch" this, "F-that," and "No she did not!," you laugh to yourself, wondering if you were an obnoxious teenager/pre-college brat. When you realize you weren't, for the moment, live vicariously through them. It's funny how wealthy people over-dramatize everything. I would be upset to if I did not get invited to the $300,000 Sweet 16 birthday party; or I didn't get invited to a house party when the parents were in Europe; or not being able to shop at Bergdorf's or Bendel's. Life is so rough sometimes. However, love prevails over money, which many teens in the city do not understand, or have yet to experience. That's the problem.